Thursday, February 25, 2010

2-25-10 A personal note

I am humbled by the fact that one week ago today I woke up thinking, "I should have cancelled this neurologist appointment; nothing is wrong with my baby." Last Thursday was devastating, but I can honestly say that I am thankful to wake up today and know Dean has CS. Ignorance may be bliss, but understanding brings joy and purpose. I look at Dean differently, not as fragile or unfortunate; but I am able to see what a gift he is and the impact he is able to have already. Ben and I are amazed at how many people are praying for him right now. What a powerful way to start out in life- by being lifted up in prayer by God's people. I believe that God has great things for all my children, but Dean is blessed to have great things being done for him now. I was paging through the New Testament and the titles through out the Gospel books stuck out to me, "Jesus Heals Many, Jesus Heals a Paralytic, Healing of a Boy with a Demon, Healing of the Blind Men," and on and on. Ben and I are trying to prepare for a very serious surgery, but I will not limit what God can do for Dean. We have not had any scans yet of his scull (he was diagnosed visually,) and I still pray that God might not require Dean's little body to undergo surgery. Either way, I am looking forward to seeing God's plan for him unfold. On another quick note...If you want to receive notices when I publish updates, you can become a follower by clicking the "followers" button in the left hand bar. I will try to post as soon as possible when we find out important news especially when we actually are in the "surgery stage." From what I understand, you will receive updates whether you are a public or private follower. I can only see if you are following when you choose the public option. I'd love to know who is reading, but it is up to you.

1 comment:

  1. Tonya,
    Thanks so much for this blog! It's so nice to get updates, and know how to pray for you guys without feeling like I'm making you repeat things for the millionth time! You're so right...although this is a tough thing to go through, he's blessed with good health, and a support system of family and friends lifting him up in love and prayer! He's also blessed with parents who ask questions, and aren't afraid to learn in order to give their children the best care possible! Love ya! Lori

    ReplyDelete