Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2-24-10 Updates

Now that I have brought everyone up to date on our situation with Dean, I will begin to post in the present tense when I have additional information to share. Ben and I are continuing to research what we can on our own. I have joined a forum http://www.cappskids.org/ to talk with other parents that are or have dealt with CS, but I have not found a lot of places to read testimonials (which is another reason I am making my updates available via blog.) Next week's schedule will keep us busy. In addition to Ben working night shift, Dean has cs therapy with Anne on Monday, the John Hopkins consultation Tuesday, and an appointment with the other cs therapist, Beth, on Thursday. We are praying that God will use each appointment to give us clear answers as to what treatments/surgery would be best for him. Some specific questions I have for Dr. Ahn are if the minimally invasive surgery is a guaranteed single procedure to fix Sagittal CS. I also have a lot of questions about the helmet therapy. I am also praying that winter weather will not cause us to have any problems getting to our scheduled appointments. Although minor in comparison, Dean is getting over some congestion, and I am praying that he will be 100% healthy during this intense time for him. I came across this testimonial recently and thought I'd add the link. It is very encouraging to me to hear how well other surgeries have gone for other families. http://sciencestage.com/v/12589/andrew's-endoscopic-craniosynostosis-repair.html

No comments:

Post a Comment