Monday, February 22, 2010

2-18-10 Coming home with the news

Since my husband Ben had heard everything at the appointment over the phone (while returning from a meeting at work that kept him from being there,) I was relieved to come home and just be upset for a while. I was not ready to tell everyone the news. Since I never believed anything would come of the appointment with the neurologist, I hadn't even told many people that we were going. Now it would be a total shock. Ben and I made phone calls to our parents to let them know. We started researching on the computer. We researched his condition, similar conditions, treatment options, before and after photos, hospitals, testimonials, etc. It was late in the afternoon so we knew we would have to wait to make any calls for additional opinions. One bit of information that stuck out, was a minimally invasive surgery that we became interested in getting more information about. Several family members also quickly sent me links to this procedure; so, I decided to have one of our "second opinions" done by someone who could do that surgery. I also phoned my naturalist who told me he would call me the next morning with information about a Craniosacral Therapist. He told me that it would be beneficial for me to get advice from someone in that field. Research became exhausting, I decided that it was time to devote my attention to the only real way I could prepare- prayer. I remembered Ben's grandmother telling me about how she had recently cried out to the Lord (literally) and how He amazed her with His answer. I had been praying since I got into the elevator at the hospital, but this would definitely be a time for crying out to God! I spent that evening on my knees putting Dean in the only safe place I knew of...God's Hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment